Saturday, May 22, 2010

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK (Part 1)

Yellowstone National Park was established in 1872 and is America's first national park. Located in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, it is home to a large variety of wildlife, including grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. It is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been (which is why I keep going back!).
(Click on photos to enlarge.)
The sun rising over Yellowstone National Park.
The grand northern entrance.
The "Grand Canyon" of Yellowstone.
A lot of the park is still covered in snow (May).
Buffalo, elk, pronghorns and other animals roam free.
Kermit and his cat buddy like going on road trips too!
The lakes were still frozen.
I wish I could take credit for this great snowman -
but, I can't!
There are many, many huge waterfalls in Yellowstone.
And, the sun sets over Yellowstone.